As a result of ambitious and aggressive growth plans Aim Search is working with a leading Point of Sale organisation who are urgently looking for a Design Engineer with strong 3D Permanent POS knowledge.
Reporting to the Design Manager your role will be based within the Permanent POS (Point Of Sale) department at my impressive client's offices in North London. You will be responsible for developing challenging designs from concept to production drawings for a range of products predominantly managed through the retail sector.
In this collaborative process you will liaise with account managers and creative staff to drive the conceptualisation of designs ensuring they are fit for purpose. Through communicating with the wider Permanent team and their manufacturing partners you will produce detailed designs that take into account the budget, timescale and manufacturing restrictions.
Skills Knowledge & Experience Required:
- 1-3 years proven experience designing in a relevant sector
- A good understanding of Design for Manufacture and Assembly including typical manufacturing processes, eg injection moulding, CNC machining, plastics, sheet metal, wood and glass
- 3D CAD experience in Solidworks
- A strong knowledge of solid and surfacing modelling
- An understanding of 2D engineering drawings
- Strong creative and technical abilities in many of the following areas: Concept generation; Engineering analysis and detail design; Prototyping and lab testing; Materials selection; Design for high reliability