We have a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Shift Supervisor for a prestigious printing business based in Hertfordshire . As the Manufacturing Supervisor you will lead the daily activities of the manufacturing department, ensuring the smooth running of the manufacturing unit with deadlines and end goals in mind. Ensuring all staff are utilised on a daily basis, the Manufacturing Supervisor will take a hands-on approach to supporting staff and dealing with queries and daily issues.
About the role:
• Responsible for the manufacturing of product by the most cost effective means to the agreed specification and date,
• Scheduling of all work within the factory and the organisation of workflows,
• Work with the Production team generating optimum quality and efficiency to meet deadlines,
• Supervision of all staff within the manufacturing area, from time and attendance, discipline and performance management,
• Lead staff to ensure the team meets business critical deadlines and targets,
• Maintain work flows by monitoring progress, overseeing staff and resources,
• Plant maintenance, ensuring machinery is maintained and repairs/annual maintenance is scheduled at ideal times for the Production team,
• All aspects of health and safety for the manufacturing areas, COSHH, and complying with Company Policy,
• Experienced operator with a background in print,
• Working knowledge of bespoke MIS systems and production scheduling,
• Comprehensive management/supervisory experience,
• Experience of motivating staff,
• Flexible ‘can do’ attitude,
• Committed and prepared to work extra hours if required to deliver projects and support critical production efforts,
• Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise,
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels,
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications,
• Experience working within a high security environment (desirable),
• Experience working with ISO9001, 14001, 27001 (desirable).
Shift: Week 1: 6:00 – 14:00 | Week 2: 13:00 – 21:00
Package: £32,000 - £37,000 + Life Assurance
If you have the skills and knowledge required for the role and are looking for a new opportunity to work with a dynamic organisation that has massive ambitions then this role is for you!